Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hong Kong

Hey there. I've been back from HK for a while now. I think I should update on what happened.

1. My flight from VAN to HK got cancelled at 2:05am. It was quite an adventure. We had to get our baggage again, line up for like 30mins-1hr for hotel arrangements. Wait for the shuttle for the hotel, and line up to check in for our hotel rooms. By the time we got our rooms, it was 5am. We had to be at the airport again at 9am. So I got 1hr of sleep and showered. We also had a very small breakfast. But all in all, I was quite hyper, I do not know why. But was pretty dead the day after.
BTW, theres a really nice aquarium inside the airport! The fishes are so fasinating!

2. I shared about love your neighbour club in the prayer meeting in HK. It was in CANTONESE! I havent shared in chinese for soooooo longggg. I had to throw in a sentence of english. But I really experienced the Holy Spirit and the Lord's most personal and special prescence with me when I shared.
I was surprised at how encouraging my sharing was. A sister whom I didnt know wrote me a bookmark. And other b/s came and said hi in the meetings. They kept calling me "executive" lol. HK is planning to start a Love Your Neighbour Club. Pray for them.

3. I was very encouraged by my grandma on my mom's side. Even though she is getting old, she is so glorious! Every morning she would stand at the balcony and do prayers similar to the SDL prayers. She would also pray for her family (including me!). She then goes out to walk and do exercise. She reminds fellow elderly sisters to go to cell group, and helps to set up for cell group. And she has even learned how to read Chinese by reading the Bible (she didnt go to school so she never learned how to read). Sometimes when we go out, she would bless us, and tell us "The Lord is with you, May He keep you safe!". She was one of the people the encouraged me most in HK, it gave me great hope! I hope I will be a glorious grandma one day too! LOL

4. My goal of this trip was to preach to my grandparents on my dad's side. Even though they did not believe yet, there was a great improvement! I actually did not know that they have never heard the gospel before (because they always avoid talking about God), so I kinda lowered my expectations and made my goal to just let them listen to the gospel once. And it did happen, at McDonalds lol. This was actually one of the better locations to do so, because they could get distracted so easily at home or around their neighbourhood, they also refused to go to the park with me, so I guess God prepared McDonalds-and it was air conditioned too =P. There my grandparents couldnt run away, and my grandpa actually listened. We went through the gospel briefly, and I was surprise to find that my grandpa does believe that there is a God, but he just doesnt know who is God. He is not ready to accept that Jesus is God yet, but still, I believe that this is a big step! Thanks for your prayers. I gotta keep praying though.

5. Out of my expectation, I got to talk to one of my cousins about God. Surprising I found that she is actually pretty interested, and has nothing against it. I feel her heart is almost ready. Keep praying again.

6. I give thanks actually, that I missed the "special" meeting in Vancouver. Some b/s told me how they felt about it, and judging from that, I'm pretty glad that I was not there. I would have felt really disappointed, and hurt. "Man should follow God and not man." thats the main thing I got from b/s's sharings to me. I'm glad that these trials caused some b/s to be even more firm, and it served as a reminder to have a solid foundation. The Lord will use all difficulties to become our blessings. He is holding the authority for the church. He is for us, who can be against us? I actually trust this movement even more, and I treasure so much His prescence with us. I also treasure the b/s who are left, they are my encouragement. I know for sure the Lord will do great and glorious things ahead!

7. Honestly, what I thought about HK was that there is much need there too. Most of the people I met seemed to be sucked into their work or what they had to do for their family, and I am pretty sure that some of them do not have enough time to enjoy the Lord. I felt that many still need to walk on the everlasting way and the finishing way. They need to have a sweet daily life. And watch less tv (honestly, the tv is on 24/7, its quite annoying). And read less newspaper, to read the Bible or spiritual books instead. If all the b/s are raised up, they can do A LOT! There are so many people in HK...and also many b/s, the need is also great.

So yeah, that was my trip. I seemed to have missed a lot in Vancouver. When I came back, honestly in worship I was kinda lost and could not find the focus, but the Lord is helping me. I'm very glad that I can voice out in English though.

School also started. I have a "suiside semester" as some would like to call it. Because I am taking organic chem and bio at the same time. But I'm only taking 3 courses, and ochem is a repeat so I think I will survive. I just need to be a nerd ALL semester, not only during exams.

Um, thats all, I feel tired today. Need to go. Bye now!

No comments: