I guess this blog will be just updates of what I've been up to, so read on!
June 6th was my 15 year Baptism Anniversary!! Thats right folks, I've been baptized for 15 years! I like to celebrate and remember my years of believing in the Lord on this day too since the date of that was never recorded. And guess what? I have believed in the Lord for 20 years this year!! Seems like all of these years are milestones haha!
Actually, I really give thanks to the Lord for my life. And that I can believe in Him in a young age. He sure saved me from a lot of sin. I am also very blessed to grow up with parents who serve the Lord, and have good examples around me of brothers and sisters who love the Lord. I feel like I gained a "normal" sense of what life should be like!
But actually, what I want to say is that, "age is just a number". It really doesnt matter how long or how short you've believed in God, what matters and what counts is your heart to Him. Honestly, if I had a true heart that desired Him only through all the years that I've believed in Him, I think I would be very glorious. Unfortunately that was not the case, even though I loved God, I didnt love Him with my whole heart. Until I did so, and until I truly desired for Him the most, that was when I changed, and I could experience Him very deeply. I give thanks for these few years that I can truly taste His love and affection to me. My friendship with the Lord is much stronger than before! And the bond between us, is so real! Thinking about this really makes me want to treasure my everyday and make my everyday count. One day lost without drawing near to Him, is one big loss. I must treasure my time to be close to Him and make plans and arrangements for myself to do this everyday.
To be honest, I have been struggling with stabling my spiritual life ever since moving. I guess you can say that there were big changes in my life since I moved, and now I live with my parents. It really isnt easy going from living alone for a few years to living with parents, and I am still learning to adjust. But if I blame my spiritual instability on these changes, how can I ever face bigger changes or events in my future?
I think I have somewhat lost that determination mentality when I first came to Vancouver. Back then, I just wanted to use all means to train myself to be close to God. However I neglected other things which are also important (like school). Now that I am older (and wiser I hope), I am learning to "major in the major and minor in the minor", to focus on what is most important, but also having an awareness of the minor things. Also from bro fish's message: Less is more! That sometimes when we do less, we can gain more, we just need to do what is most important and everything will be enough! I hope to have that motivation in the past, while being realistic about things in my life!
Here are some of my goals (also as continuation of my bday goals):
- Be extremely happy everyday: this morning when I was drawing near to God, I was attracted by His wholehearted, infinite personal love. I realized that this love is the foundation of my trust in God. If He loves me, He will give me the best, I am especially convinced when I see the cross. His perfect love and He Himself, His commitment is also the foundation of my joy! When I know the One who can love me in this way, overcame all to be with me, how can I not rejoice! And this trust and joy from His love is my strength!! With this, I can have strength to truly be extremely happy no matter what!
- Give thanks for minor things: this is related to the first goal, and something that will lead to being extremely happy! When I take time to realize what God has planned and given me, even the small details, it will be easier to rejoice!
- Have a better grasp of the Bible and truth: I have to say that though I have believed in God for a long time, I have poor comprehension and understanding of the Bible. This is a huge lack since it is the foundation of truths. I hope that I can memorize and backup truths with Bible verses solidly. Measurable goal=read Bible everyday after shower
- Read spiritual books and listen to messages as a habit (self-pursue): This will help me to always be filled with the goodness of God and cause me to be less prone to negative thoughts or be disturbed by the enemy! Measurable goal=finish one message/2 chapters of spiritual book per week
- Have contact with at least one sister everyday: I realized the importance of God's family in this year and how important it is to pursue together. Truly what God wants is not just people to love Him and serve Him, but He wants to family who loves another and love Him together! We are also well protected when we are close to this family!
- Share my spiritual gains/happy moments with others: this will hopefully help me to express myself better and help me to open up! Give thanks for today's technology like Whatsapp so that I can do this easily!
- Draw near to God early in the morning: hope that I can sleep early and wake up early so that I have enough time to draw near to Him everyday, and dont have to rush and have an unsettled mind! Measurable goal=sleep before 12am/wake up at 7:30am, 8am latest!
Thats all for now! Thank the Lord for putting sisters around me to support me in these goals! More support is also appreciated!
Other updates:
1. I have finished my intercession course of the summer!! Hurray! Now I only have 3 courses for the summer. That was so intense, but I actually enjoyed the course!
2. The sisters in my group put on a wonderful gospel meeting! I was extremely busy that week so I really give thanks for the Lord's grace in my school work and our performances out of our limited preparations. I had to act (as the lead! =.=), sing, dance, and share my testimony! This was a huge step out of my comfort zone because I have never performed a solo publicly before, it was super scary and something that I feared to do for a long time-I think I even cried a little because I was so scared just thinking about it, but give thanks to the Lord for this opportunity!
3. Speaking of gospel meetings, we had big scale gospel meetings in May, I also had the chance to dance, sing (in a choir), and share my testimony! I never thought I would be able to share my testimony in a gospel meeting, and always wanted to! Give thanks to God for His work on me, so that I can glorify Him!
4. I have been learning the ukulele! It makes me happy :)
5. Two of my Calgarian friends visited Vancouver! It was good to catch up with old friends, we have come a long way since we last saw each other in grade 12!
![]() |
| D.Huynh in Vancouver! |
![]() |
| A. Wong in Vancouver! |
6. There is a huge flood in Calgary! It breaks my heart to see this happen to my hometown. My thoughts and prayers are with the Calgarians!
Alright, I will leave it at that! Gotta use my time for other stuff! I'll be back soon ;) hopefully...


No comments:
Post a Comment