After the midterm I went to the washroom and saw this!
Thats my backpack with a rip at the bottom. This had never happened to me before and was kinda bummed out because I thought it would last me at least until I graduated. (*this was a sign!)
Later I had an advising appointment with my HSCI advisor to double check my remaining course in my next and last semester since my enrolment appointment was coming up soon.
She took a few minutes to do the check, while I watched silently and patiently....and then she put her pen down and looked me in the eye and said, "Katy, this is actually your last semester."
I then quickly reminded her, that I had one more course left (at least) for my degree requirements, and that was why I went to her office in the first place. So she looked at the checklist again, circled that very course, then crossed it out....and casually said it didnt make sense for me to come next semester to do one course, and that she will waive it for me!
I felt I was dreaming, partly because I was very tired with little sleep! But all that I could make out in my mind and out to her was...WHAT?!
She repeated herself again and reassured me that this is my last semester and then all that I could say was: What a surprise!
I was super shocked and all that was going on in my head was exclaimation marks!!!!!! I guess I looked shocked too because she tried to explain how this is huge news and told me to take it in slowly. But told me I can apply for graduation TODAY! She also showed me that she put in my file "Grad Fall 2013".
She then went on to give me job searching tips and it quickly turned into a career advising appointment instead.
I honestly couldnt take in all that she said about job searching, all that I could remember was that we have a career advisor and for me to go see her. My mind had an explosion, my heart was beating super fast! I didnt know if I was happy about this or not, I was just in SHOCK! I AM GOING TO GRADUATE!!!
What I had planned for 4 months left of school was turned into 5 WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL!
I am honestly still taking this in now, and my heart rate has probably averaged a few more beats since then! I am just so thankful and excited, but nervous at the same time! God's plans for me are totally greater than what I had planned for myself! Honestly, my long term plan before has changed drastically, and I dont know whats next! But I just know that God has plans for me ahead, and I have yet to be surprised again!!!
I just couldnt hold all this "exclaimationess" all inside, and shared it with my closest people! Then I couldnt hold it in anymore and shared this news on fb!
I read a comment on there a few minutes ago that touched me a lot!
"Well God has awarded you with this surprise for your works you have helped him carry on with his wonderful works!! ((: "
This was from a sister I shepherded in CapeTown. Its true! I have taken 3 semesters off to go for the Lord, now He has rewarded me with this! I needed no reward because those 3 semesters were well worth my time, but the Lord remembers all we do and give for Him, He will surely reward us! He treasures and admires us so much!! Ok now I'm starting to tear up!
I will leave you with a song, describing how I feel! I dont know what the Lord is up to, but He is doing something and He knows what He is doing. Pray for me to know it to and follow His guidance, and trust in Him! Definitely pray for me to pass all my courses this semester! I have quite a challenging course!
God is amazing and loves to spoil me with surprises!!

No comments:
Post a Comment