I have been wanting to write a blog about this since last tuesday, but didnt get a chance to so here it is.
Last Tuesday, SFU training was so touching! It was just a training about planning and one of the things was consideration. One point under consideration was resources. When planning we have to consider what resources we have. She gave an example of how limited the church was. The church is not abundant in many resources. Especially not in the form of people....sometimes the same person has to handle a lot fo things...cooking, leading, performing, ect....
She then went on to talking about our youth. This is what really striked me.
From 12-early twenties is the time to lay a solid foundation for the Lord. This is your prime years, the years when you can have strength to GO for the Lord, to serve Him without distraction. She urged us youth to treasure these years to train up ourselves and be used by Him. And also not to let anything distract us....(ex. dating)
I was deeply touched. First I really treasure the brothers and sisters who do so much for the Lord. I give thanks that these brothers and sisters became such useful "resources" for the church, and I'm sure they became a great support to the whole church. I truly appreciate them with all my heart.
Second, I give thanks that the Lord spared my youth. Usually when people reach their youth is when they start wasting their life away. I can't say that I didn't do that, but I'm glad that the Lord changed me before it was too late. I am still in my youth, I'm still in my prime years. I really treasure my youth a lot more and I want to give it all to the Lord with no distractions....this leads me to my third point.
Its not hard to tell that a major distraction for youth these days are relationships. Actually I've had a talk with a trusted sister about this not so long ago and she told me to set a bottom line for myself as to when I want to start, and so before this "bottomline" i will not even think about it. In the summer i told the Lord i definitely want to wait longer till i start dating, and i really do not want to think about it. But now thinking about a particular line or time frame was really hard. After she shared about this it really helped me. Well she actually suggested not to think about dating before age 25....and well that led me to a conclusion for myself...and well its between the Lord and i =). I feel so much better about this. I feel so joyful to give all my youth to the Lord. I am so glad that im not letting a guy to take my youth, and im not taking these precious years from any guy because its not worth it. Getting married anyways is not the goal of our lives, and it doesnt even last till eternity so I'm so glad I dont have to waste anymore time thinking about it! I treasure so much that I can give my youth to the Lord, to be a resource and not to waste our limited resources on unecessary things. This really pushes me to take more initiative to train myself, because this is the time to do it.
Reminds me of this Bible verse:
"But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;
but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife,
and his interests are divided. The women who is unmarried, and the virgin, is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
This I say for your own benefit; not to put a restraint upon you, but to promote what is appropriate and to secure undistracted devotion to the Lord."
-1 Corinthians 7:32-35
I also wrote something to the Lord....but its too long to type out. Basically, it says in the days when I can still dream dreams, I want my dream be for the Lord. In the days when I can still pursue my dreams, I want to pursue the Lord, pursue His dream. In the days when I can strive for my greatest ambitions, I want to give my ambitions for the Lord. Whatever the Lord wants me to do, I want to do with all my strength while I can. Yup....thats the summary of my poem. I feel I live such a meaningful youth! The Lord knew I needed this! I give thanks so much!
2 comments:
Well written, well said. Create a network of problem resolution. Personal, family, work, school, interpersonal. Through communication on earth can we spin the thoughts of our Lord in Heaven and Heart.
my dear sister katy x]
you probably don't know me haha but i am melody, a sister from sydney and i stumbled upon your blog a while ago from one of karen's links. and i have seen lots of pics of you when you were in fiji and in the big gatherings on fb hahahah
too bad i missed meeting you in fiji...it would have been awesome! maybe next yr =]
anyway, i have been reading some of your blog entries and they really encourage me =D i am so so thankful to the Lord that He changed me so much after my this yr's fiji trip. i've wanted to fall in love with Him so much for so long...but i've always been so weak and yes you're right, relationships were always drawing me away...but not boys, but my really close friends >< it's almost like i had a love triangle with a friend and my Lord...and yeah it was my "love load" [actually i wrote a song about it hehee] but yeah anyway, He changed me and I know it's for a purpose...TO BRING ABOUT SYDNEY REVIVAL!!! =D=D=D
i wish we had more b+s here like you who is so willing to give their youth and their whole life to the Lord. it'd be nice to have a spiritual companion here, but yeah so encouraging to know van b+s are already loving Him so much =D gives us lots and lots of hope!
LOL ummmmm i DID NOT intend to write so much...but yeah keep it up sis! your writings reach the most unexpected of people =]
With love,
Your sis,
melzZz E>
Post a Comment