If all goes smoothly, I will be leaving for Cape Town South Africa, in exactly TWO MONTHS!! AHHH!
For those of you who dont know, I will be going with 4 other sisters from SFU to Cape Town in the middle of January to end of March! For myself, I will be going as a International Co-op Student! Therefore, I will be considered to be doing school at the same time!! The Lord is really wise, and when else can you get credit for school while on a missionary trip??

Cape Town is at the tip of South Africa. It is considered to be developed and it is actually a tourist area. However, while there are rich people there, there are the forgotten people who live in poverty. We will base our mission in a slum area called "Enkanini".


We propose to do 3 main things:
1. Help/Establish a Home Based Orphanage in Enkanini.
2. Develop an After-School Program which includes community service such as providing food, tutoring programs, and activities for children.
3. Set up Love Your Neighbour Club in The University of Cape Town.
I am so excited to go to Africa for the Lord! I never thought that I would be able to go to Africa in my life! Growing up I always hear brothers and sisters sharing how when they were still in high school or elementary, brother Fish already told them that we were going to go to Africa! I have always thought of that, and never thought that it would be ME who was going to go!
The Lord has really changed me, I think before, even if I had the opportunity to go, I wouldnt take it because I would be so scared. But now even though I am little scared, my desire for the Lord is greater than that fear. I really desire to give to others what I have. The more I live everyday, the more blessed I feel and the more I realize how needy people around me are. I really need to step up and GO for the Lord.
I have actually had a burden to go to Cape Town since T came back and shared about it. There is so much need there, and after watching the "Open Your Eyes" DVD, one verse really stuck in my mind.
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
-Isaiah 6:8
Truly, not many are willing or capable to go. People who know God's will clearly and are able to practise it are not many. I am so very blessed to be a Christian who knows God's will clearly. Therefore I will go for Them.
I feel so honored to be sent! I can't believe that I can go for the Lord to Africa already, in my youth! It is my joy to respond to His wonderful and personal love in this way! My life is so meaningful!
But today when I read Psalm 90, the Holy Spirit reminded me what defines the meaning of life. Actually I wrote about the meaning of life for an assignment last week, and I have been talking about this to a few people. Today He really confirmed to me that I am going in the right track!
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!
Make us glad according to the days in which You have afflicted us,
The years in which we have seen evil.
Let Your work appear to Your servants,
And Your glory to their children.
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands.
This is what I wrote as a response, hopefully it will explain my experience.
Much more than what I can do for You
You just want me, my heart towards You
That is Your satisfaction and joy
A meaningful life is not measured by how much I do
But rather how much I enjoy You
You desire that I quiet before You
So You can satisfy me with Your mercy
Lord, You create my life so I may rejoice!
You make me glad according to my days
Even in afflictions and evil, I rejoice even more.
What a meaningful life that I can enjoy You always!
Funny how I reminded a sister to focus on enjoying the Lord more than His work yesterday, and today the Lord reminded me the same thing! haha.
I look forward to enjoy the Lord in Africa. I know that it will not be easy in Africa, but I am sure the Lord will reveal His love and heart to me and the sisters even more. I can't wait!
AND guess what! I got a call from C.A.R.E. Travel Award today! They said that our proposal looks promising, and that everything should be confirmed by the end of this week! So most likely, we will get the award!!! THIS MEANS THAT WE WILL HAVE OUR TICKET PAID FOR! woohoo! We just need to pay the tax!
This is so awesome. But they called me to renew my passport because it expires in June, so just incase anything happens....I should renew it.
So pray for me that all my passport stuff will be done and finished soon! And that the ticketing stuff will be smooth and approved!
WA! I am so excited! I dont know how many times I said that in this post! But ya, please pray for us! We are all sisters, and it is dangerous in Cape Town, since there is a lot of crime there. But moreso, please pray for our spirit, soul, and body to be healthy, and ready for the Lord to use!
Also pray for the work there, and P and A's family, they are there already and have been there for about 1 week!
PLUS: we will be learning Xhosa, the language that the majority of the people in Enkanini speaks. (wow that sentence did not make sense...) The Lord prepared for us to have contact with a missionary who often visits Cape Town to teach us! I think that is super cool!
Please pray for SFU too. Out of the 5, 4 of us are the executives of Love Your Neighbour Club. So pray that more people will believe in SFU and take up the work haha!
P.S. Please also pray for my grandma on my dad's side. She has a 4.5 cyst in her brain. Pray that she can believe in God soon, and that suitable b/s will go to her and help her!
P.P.S. I love you guys, thank you for all your support and prayers! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment