The Lord gave me insight in today's prayer meeting and confirmed my steps ahead. Brother Fish was passionate as usual, telling us about the plans ahead. And one thing that He said is that we need to revive the campus! I already knew that before, but tonight, it really struck me and got me really excited and passionate about it, I really want to revive the campus. The more I think about it, the more I realize how so many youths are in need of God. I must admit that my mind is always occupied with second generations when I think about "youths". But now I realized that there are so many youths searching for truth and meaning in their lives, and those who are not, are even worse I can say...because they are not even aware and dont care about their own need. Brothers and sisters, we really need to wake up many youths of this generation!
Now another side of this story: to be honest, I really want to graduate asap. I've never been in a rush to graduate, but hearing people around me getting to graduate this semester, or in the coming year really makes me feel ashamed. I always go back and ask myself, why didnt you work hard in your first few semesters so you didnt have to fail and repeat so many courses and waste time and money? I also started to question myself if I should have taken my semesters off to go on missionary trips. I really did feel upset, and started to loose hope on graduating. Especially when "grown-ups" always ask me when are you gonna graduate? I just simple say not for a long time.
However, many people have been my support without knowing it. Especially my parents who told me to go on missionary trips while I still have holidays and the time to take off school and go. School can wait. Also another sister who is graduating this year told me, "I know why God kept me in school for longer, because He really needed me!" And just tonight after the meeting, someone asked me when I'm gonna graduate, and told me to not to be in a rush to graduate, because you may not get to go to school again after haha.
So tonight, I realized that God had a plan for me since the very beginning to stay in school FOR HIM. He really needs me, and He has used these past years in school to train me up and to raise me up to save people, and learn to shepherd. Also this semester to lead cell group in the campus and learn how to care and love the young goats. Being in school really provided me with this environment to grow in this way.
And in the upcoming days, the Lord really needs people who have been trained to lead many back to Him and to raise up the younger ones to bring revival to the campus! He really needs me! He wants me to stay in school! lol
I also give thanks for my stress in school. I dont think in any other situation in my life before will I be so stressfully desperate to pray to God and to not be able to do anything but to rely on Him. This really trains up my faith, which will prepare me for greater challenges in my life. I remember the days when I learned that I had pretty much failed my courses and was required to withdraw, those were the days that I relied on God the most and experienced His comfort and grace so deeply. Those situations were the ones that let me see His mighty hand and His miracles that He can do in my life. It really confirms and strengthens my faith!
So there you have it, the days in school are a unique time to experience God and to do His work. I treasure that I can stay in school for longer, and to take part in such a meaningful work for Him. He needs me to be in school haha. How precious to serve Him in this way and to get a degree at the same time! This is true multi-tasking hehe.
I'm a "part-time student" and "full-time preacher"!
P.S. WOOT! My gpa has finally reached above 2.5! So happy, must celebrate! And I just realized that I've only got 83credits (i think)...I'm taken it real slow....still in 3rd year-I realized that I've only taken 9 semesters of courses at SFU. I calculated that I have 15 courses left to take, yup staying in school for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment