Hello my loves! I have finally touched down in Vancouver after more than 2 months!! I am so glad to be back home with all the wonderfulness that I've gained. I was actually excited to come back home, to see if I can apply what I've learned to my daily life and ministry here in Vancouver!
I will have to say that this missionary trip was one of the most intensive trips I've been on. Maybe because I went to 3 different places with V? But our schedules and progression was quite packed.
Our first stop was Hong Kong! We had about 8 meetings in 6 days (I think)! Most of it were presentations about our Charity Work. It felt like our team was a band going on tour to different districts in HK haha. It was super busy but very enjoyable at the same time! I felt that our team got used to sharing and learned how to share better, we also learned how to support one another more.
One unforgetable meeting was our last charity sharing meeting. There were more b/s in the audience in this district so we adjusted our sharing to fit the needs of b/s more. Most of us shared about our motivation of why we do charity work. I was touched to hear the team b/s' sharing. Behind their work, there was a lot of sacrifice on their part. Shanta gave up a very successful future, V had to endure many trials just to name a few. I can see that it is not just charity work that we are doing. Man will not give this much to just helping others in poverty alone. There is a bigger vision that God Himself have given us, and only God can be such a motivation and give such a faithful goal to these b/s.
I thought about myself, and asked myself: why do I go to these places every year to feed the mosquitoes and fleas? Am I just used to it? Why am I doing this to myself? God's personal calling was reconfirmed in my heart. I thought about God's original plan for mankind. He created us to be His, yet many do not know and cannot enjoy. I see that through all these years, God has raised me up to enjoy His will, and because of that I desire for others to enjoy also. There are so many in the world, who live in shamefulness of themselves...how much God desires them to know their own value in Him!
Our next stop was re-routed to Singapore. Because of the political unrest in Manilla, it was best that we didnt go there. The Lord also knew our limitations because the Hong Kong trip was quite busy and if we went to Phillipines right after, it may be too consuming for us.
I was glad to see some of the youth b/s I've met last year. I can see that they have improved, and are more firm in following the Lord after some difficulties the church had faced. I really admire their heart for the Lord. On this trip, I wanted to assist in the spiritual growth of the young sisters and help them to be steadfast and firm in the everlasting way. I had many chances to be a leader and through that I learned how to plan better, and also think ahead for the sisters. I felt like I got to know the sisters' needs more as well. It was a joy to see them grow and to improve myself as well!
As a bonus, we also got to go to Malaysia! Which is only about a 45min car ride from Singapore. I really enjoyed the time with the Malay sisters, they are so good! And they make me laugh a lot, even though we have many language barriers. lol
Then for about two months, we stationed at Cape Town! Despite the fact that I stayed there for 2.5 months last year, we had to get used to living in a new house, and new environment. It was much colder than last time as I mentioned before, and I guess it was a totally different experience with a different team.
However, I witnessed that the work in Enkanini had expanded! I was happy that the children and volunteers from last year recognized me and to see their improvement! I was surprised that they can pray in English and that they do not just pray with a song, but they can divide into small groups and pray. We also started to rearrange our Sunday meetings and grouped a group of kids who come consistently into a "Discipleship Program"! During the time that we were there, I can see that the Lord was raising up these children to be the example and core group for the others. Their improvement in the content of their prayers and their initiative encouraged me a lot!
On the other hand, on this trip, I saw the challenges of cross-cultural work and ministering overseas more. It is truly not easy to everyday deal with people of different culture, and also live in an unfamiliar environment while trying to move forward and strategize for the work. I admire brothers and sisters who serve overseas more. And through this, I realized deeper what faith is and how important it is. We really need faith in God to overcome all things, and to have hope to move forward.
To be honest, I felt a lot of pressure while I was in Cape Town, I guess the enemy's attacks were fierce too, and I often had nightmares. A lot of things in ministry, I felt like I wanted to do, but I did not have strength to do it. I remember one time while taking a walk with the Lord and talking to Him, He reminded me to do everything with joy, and dont do it if I wont do it happily. I had some struggle with this, but later on, I found that the key to walking this out is to exercise faith! Gradually, through all the worships, pursuing together, and discussing truth among ourselves, the foundation of my faith was more firm. I learned to see the reality (the truths) more than my environment, or my feelings. My faith became braver to truly believe in the Lord's victory, His love, His providence, ect... and through this I guess you can say I had more courage. Even though I was still afraid to do certain things (ex. taking initiative to share in the meeting), my faith in God pushed me to just do it. I am still improving in this area, and everyday I pray for myself to have the bravest faith to do more for Him! I give thanks for such precious truths that the Lord has given us to build our faith upon!
My last pit stop was back in Hong Kong where we stayed for about 4 days. My goal was to bless my aunt and grandma and to understand their spiritual condition and needs more. I give thanks that I had time to talk to them, and realized that they are quite firm in this movement and are quite spiritually sensible. I give thanks that my family and I can grow in the Lord together and to support each other in this way!
And now I have been back in Vancouver for exactly 1 week! I am still adjusting my life here, and sometimes still lost haha. But through the lifestyle and anchor points that I've picked up in the mission trip, I feel settled, and these things such as corner time, dntG first thing, ect...stabilize my life. Its so good to have the everlasting way!!
The trainings in Vancouver for the past week has been really good as well, but I think thats all I'm gonna type for now, so I guess you'll have to wait for it!
I need to get studying on my BCRPA exam! I also need to adjust some of my courses for next semester because I really do not like my schedule right now! So pray for me that I can get in the classes that I need and want haha! Thank you, as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment