Monday, October 13, 2008

Overflowing with Thanks

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Thanksgiving has now become one of my favorite holidays! Its such a joy to give thanks for everything and count your blessings. I realize that I have so much to give thanks for!
So I had 3 Thanksgiving dinners in a row. They were all very different and I enjoyed each and everyone of them.

Heres a couple things I have to give thanks for:
I give thanks that I can spend thanksgiving weekend with my dear brothers and sisters. Even though my biological family is not with me, I can still feel the joy and the warmth of a family here.
I give thanks for my difficulties, especially durring this weekend. There was something that came up, and it made me upset, the most upset I've been since I came to van. And adding to that, I have 4 midterms coming up. One of which is in less than 24hrs. But I give thanks. I give thanks that God is training me. He is strengthening me to deal with situations. And He is training me to make decisions (I am a very indecisive person as most of you know). God wants me to become a better person, and that is something that I have to give thanks for.
I give thanks that I have learned to be a person that is full of thanksgiving. Today actually, somethings occured that would have made me mad, but instead I gave thanks, and it made me smile. I have complained a lot less. Instead of complaining about my difficulties in life, I have learned to give thanks for them. Because all of my difficulties often become a blessing.

So I wrote a song today. I havent written a song in over 5 months? Gah, I used to write songs like every month, its sad how I dont have time anymore.

Anyways I plan to sleep in a hour, so I gotta get back to my craming for my kines midterm!

I will leave you with a song that poped into my head yesterday. Its a song that I've know since kindergarden, haha and I first learnt it in chinese!

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son (repeat)

And now let the weak say, 'I am strong'
Let the poor say, 'I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us' (repeat)

Give thanks


oh P.S.
Some bro/sis sent me this, it really comforted my heart. GO WATCH IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVehOI0amA

Remember to give thanks everyday, not just on Thanksgiving! <3

No comments: