...worried...uncertain...unsettled
His beautiful and personal love shining through the snow.
...peace...assurrance...rest...joy...trust...overflowing
funny how a small little thing can cure my uncertinty.
IT SNOWED IN VANCOUVER BEFORE I LEFT! God really knows me and understands me most. His love to me is so personal. He knew that I wanted to see the first snow in Vancouver, even though I knew I would come home to a whole lot of snow. He knew my heart, and what I was feeling. And then when I looked out the window, to just talk to Him, He gave me this perfect gift. It wasn't like little dusts of snow, but big blobs of it haha. I was just standing there staring at the window for like 5 mins in awe. I was speachless. This love is so undescribable and perfect. It was so touching, and I was moved to tears. (ohh dear. again. i was never like this...never really shed so many tears because i was touched. but His love is so true, and it is truly something that you can experience =) ) God comforted me. I was not worried anymore. Instead I was full of assurrance and trust in God. I was full of joy in my heart, and so...warm inside. God makes everything perfect =) what do I need to fear?
haha and then my phone went crazy with text messages. Many brothers and sisters texted me. and SFU sent me like 3 text messages telling me exams were cancelled due to the snow! When I read that I actually laughed out loud! Like come on...it was like very very light snow...I wish Calgary would do that...and there would be no school for all of winter haha.
My flight to Calgary went well. It was delayed for 15mins coming into Calgary because there was too much snow on the landing lane, and they had to shovel it. When I was on the plane, I kept thinking about the snow God gave me haha, it really made me so happy. And I remembered the Calgary 10th Anniversary Sharing book we made was called "Love Shining in the Snow". Oh how perfect! lol.
Then I sat at the airport for more than an hour waiting for my dad to come pick me up through the traffic jam. I took that time to plan my time in Calgary. Now I have confidence that I will spend my time wisely, to reform my life.
It was so weird coming home...like my house. It felt so big, and well weird, because it seemed so new and I wasnt used to it. It seemed so...luxurious haha. I never realized how luxurious my house was until now. It feels good.
It also felt good to share with my parents. I didnt realize I had so much to share wtih them...man I should let them talk haha.
I also got "warm" welcome backs...like welcome back to one of the coldest weeks of winter in Calgary. Or welcome to Calgary's tropical weather of -37. Or even, boy you picked the best week to come back. Gosh thanks guys.
AND I SLEPT AT 12AM LAST NIGHT!!! Yess I did it! Hopefully it will continue.
ANDDD I woke up at 9AM this morning. I wanted to have time to spend with God before my day started. It was good, I was able to have quiet time with God, do laundry, exercise (my mom got a exercise bike! God knows my needs, I was worried about jogging outside haha), listen to messages before I needed to head out for the day. I was so happy haha.
The first step I steped outside....which is really not even outside because it was just our garage, I almost froze. OH MAN! SINCE WHEN DID CALGARY GET THIS COLD?? It was like +5 in Vancouver and BOOM, -30. AHHH its going to be -40 soon. Everyone pray that it wont be so cold, so that Katy will survive in Calgary?
Anyways today was good. Got a haircut, eye exam, ect. Very productive day.
I got to get off the computer soon to stick to my plan to reform for myself.
Stay warm.
3 comments:
good to hear that everything went well for u~~lol it's so funny to hear that ur wondering if u can survive in ur hometown XD
yay! enjoy your time in Calgary!
I am back home too. Weather here is 25'C ROOM temperature lol!
that's Karen from El Salvador by the way.
Post a Comment