I strive even among daily chores,
In quietness live for You;
I strive even life's busy and tight,
Lord, I still walk with You.
I strive despite the world's corrupt course,
I'm sanctified to You.
I strive on! O Lord, for You I live.
I strive even in doubts and worries;
Let You comfort my heart.
I strive mid the storms of temptation,
Lord, keep my heart sincere.
I strive in the days of affliction,
My love to You I give.
I strive on! O Lord, for You I live.
O Lord, I know that You love me,
I have captured Your heart!
How precious Your favor, tender love,
That's why I'm striving still!
Forget not You chose and committ'd me;
I'm glad to know Your will.
I strive on! O Lord, for You I live.
-SOMH2 P.10
This song pretty much sums up this year for me. I know its not new years yet, but tonight I shared with some sisters about what I give thanks for for this year.
It has been full of challenges, for all of us. Sometimes there may be thoughts of giving up, but the Lord's love and commitment continues to cheer us on.
This year I've experienced great stress from my busy life, but the Lord promised to never leave me. I've experienced doubts and worries, and as the song said, the Lord comforted my heart again and again. The church and myself have faced great afflictions this year, but the Lord proves His will and victory among us.
Out of all these, I treasure that the Lord proved Himself to be true to me. He has truly chosen me, and He loves me most. I will strive for Him no matter what, because He never fails me.
To be honest, I have shed many tears this week. Tears of stress, joy, comfort, worries, disappointment....and so many overwhelming emotions. But the Lord was the one who dried my tears. His personal love and comfort heals my heart. I treasure to have Him. Everything will be ok. In fact, it will be the best. The Lord loves me, and gave Himself for me, what will He not give me?
No comments:
Post a Comment