Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I love productive days!

Hello y'all!

First of all, I wanna thank everyone who prayed for my grandma (and grandpa). My grandma's surgery was a success! She is doing well, and very aware and talkative. She will be discharged from the hospital soon! Give thanks to the Lord!
I feel so very blessed to have this family! When I saw how much support I had through texts, fb, and in person, I cant help but feel touched :) I dont know where else I can find such a supportive family like this. This can only come from the love of God!

I have been extremely busy and productive in these past weeks! And I really love days that are well planned so I can get many many things done! I feel so accomplished haha!

Recently, I had to live by myself again because my parents are in HK for about 1 month, which means, I need to pick up cooking everyday and chores again, plus keeping the house presentable for any viewers for my apartment.
So I have been juggling: school, church meetings, ministry (ex. shepherding, outreach to new friends), Saturday math class coordination, work, chores, cooking, God's family life, house stuff, LYN club admin, not to mention, exercise or dance and sleeping early and little things here and there like student loans which had me walking back and forth in campus today! Side note: I discovered that the Asian "thermos cooker" thing is one of my best friends now haha!

I have come to realize that life will not slow down for you. Sometimes I would look forward to the end of exams or midterm thinking that I will get a break after. But no, other things will come up and will keep me busy! So I've accepted the fact that "everyday is a working day", and the key is to be peaceful when handling all things!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, makes all the difference! I actually feel peaceful through all things that are on my to-do list now. Before, I would feel like I am going to die when looking at my deadlines and to do....like my I am gonna die in March....NOT post! But now for some reason, I feel confident to face all that I need to face, and even accept myself, when I cannot finish somethings. Maybe this is the Lord expanding my capacity or training me to have peace and no accusations! I feel good!

To be realistic, I no longer have 1.5hrs or even 1hr to draw near to God every morning. I take small dntG times in the morning mostly, but I do have a goal to put "elephant days" (at least 1hr dntG) two times a week. In the past, I would feel so accused if I feel like I didnt give enough time to God, but now I live without accusations! I feel so set free, and more free before God! I have realized the fact that the Lord is so understanding and loving no matter what-He knows my limitations and does not mind, I've learned to live in this reality. Besides, He is my best friend, and I can just talk to Him whenever, wherever!

The Lord's grace is sufficient! Even though I may spend less time doing school work, I can be productive while doing it, AND I think that I am doing pretty well in my courses, from the feedback I've been getting back. I havent had much actual marks back since the SFU TA's have been on strike, but I think I'm doing well in school....and will aim to graduate in December of next year!!

So woohoo! I am happy! Even though I seem like I am in a hurry all the time, rushing to go from place to place, because my schedule is packed, I feel secure in God's presence, therefore I can have peace!

And work is pretty good....even though, I dont exactly like retail now that I am in it haha. But I dont mind it too much, I just treat everything like a game now, and it makes things more fun! Plus, its good to get some income hehe. Grand Opening is Nov.10th on Robson! Come visit me!

P.S.
I will be moving to 13th Ave. (the Church's residence) in December! Kinda excited!! But will miss my apartment for sure!

No comments: