Saturday, November 12, 2011

Alone yet not lonely

With Your presence, alone yet not lonely.
With Your presence, I own heavenly bliss.
Walking with You, the dark vale seem so bright.
Nearness to You, my heart's and Yours delight.

-God's Family Hymnal 2 (new version) P.92-stanza 2

Recently, I've been meditating about the Lord's special presence in my life. This hymn has been on my mind, and I just feel so sweet to be with the Lord! Many times a day, I may be alone, yet He is with me. Just knowing that, really makes my alone times so wonderful!

Today in our pursue team, we sang this song in worship. The Lord really opened my eyes, and helped me to treasure His presence in my life even more!
I remembered yesterday, when we were having dinner, someone mentioned that it seems so sad to be an only child (which I am). But some sisters chirped in and said, no, because Katy is happy and shes an only child...but then its kinda different because she is surrounded by people.
And its true! Growing up, I was always surrounded by brothers and sisters. I have a big family haha. Thanks to God, and thanks for His grace, that I can grow up in this church, that truly lives out the Family of God!

However, sometimes I feel like theres lacking. Maybe its because I didnt grow up with my cousins for most of my life, but I feel that I never had someone in my biological family that is my good friend, someone that shares funny childhood memories with, someone that I had fights with, but in the end will always be there for me...because they are family. Because of this, I feel like something is missing from my life compared to others.

Today in the worship, I thought about this even more. And I really thought that hm...if I didnt have the Lord, I could very well become a depressed person with low self-esteem. In my childhood, was terribly shy, I didnt like to interact with people. I had good friends, but they were the ones who took the initiative to become my friends first. I actually never took the first step to get to know someone in the past. At home, I would play by myself, with no one else to talk to, other than my bunnies of course.
If I didnt have the Lord, and lived like that...I think I might never learn how to talk to people, and feel like I have no one to open up to!

But, how precious it is that the Lord is in my life!! His presence changes everything! Even though I was shy, the Lord was my friend since childhood. Even when I did not like to talk to people, I had a habit of talking to the Lord. And in my childhood, the Lord was actually my motivation to keep my friends because I wanted to preach to them! Also because I had practise of talking with the Lord, I knew how to talk to people, and open up to my close friends! I think the Lord gave me the practise and the courage to be myself with my friends, to a point that sometimes (or even most of the time) I am not shy with them, but a little crazy hyper....haha
And even when I was playing with my bunnies, I would play preaching to my bunnies, breakbread meeting and message meeting with them. Haha, I guess even during playtime, I was in the Lord's presence, and somehow I knew He was with me!

Thats why, I dont think I've ever felt lonely in my life! The Lord was with me and is with me all the time. He never leaves me, there is not a moment that I'm truly alone! Sometimes, His presence is very gentle and quiet. And sometimes, it is very bold and glorious! No matter what, His presence is with me!!

Wow, I really feel that because of Him, my life is so full of joy! So full of wonderfulness. He really changes what would be dull and depressing to be colorful and sweet! I love my life how it is because the Lord involves Himself in it! Its a huge difference!!

My heart is truly delighted! I love the Lord so much!

Now I must super-cram for my genetics midterm on Monday! Prayers are definitely needed!! Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

tinwai said...

Yay!Thanks God for He fully involves Himself into our lives :D Strive for the Lord till the end!